Thursday, November 12, 2009

Interview: Cousin Kristina

I've always admired the artistic creations of my cousin, Kristina. She is definitely one to take the time to make earrings, cards, and other lovely items. So, it's perfect that I kick off my first interview with her! Hopefully these sorts of interviews will become regular features...

___________________________________________


How would you describe the style of your projects?
Very girly, dreamy, and whimsical. I like vintage style, but don't know if they portray that. I try to make things that I would like to receive or put in my house.

What or whom has influenced or inspired your artistic sense?
Earlier in life, I had a lot of ideas, but lacked direction. With the introduction of Coco + Kelley, I fell in love with prints and the style of her pictorials. Her site has opened me up to a whole new world of inspiration where art pieces can reflect rooms and vica versa. All aspects of life are related to art from how you dress, to your room, and to your art pieces.

If you could choose your favorite project, what would it be and why?
I like the mannequin piece for its lace and floral design. I love dresses, so creating my own was kind of like creating a dream that fits the theme and ambiance of my room.

What sorts of projects do you hope to work on in the future?
I am an aspiring henna artist. I got involved through friends who work in creative environments. I started practicing with girls from Henna Caravan and hope to be ready to participate in events and festivals by spring.

2 comments:

  1. cool! i like the mannequin piece too :) looking forward to your next interview, dyan!

    ReplyDelete