Monday, February 8, 2010

Lucky Number Seven: Awards

Everyday I am reminded of the fact that blogging just keeps getting exponentially better and better...and here's one example of why. Brandi from Not Your Average Ordinary just presented me with an award! Thank you, Brandi! I am so excited to participate by sharing 7 things about myself, posting a song and some things that make me smile, then tagging seven more bloggers to do the same.



1. I lived and worked in San Francisco for three years after college and the city owns my heart

2. I have a genuine fear of ghosts and the supernatural. One of my best friends and I think we saw one in Yosemite when we were kids, but we will never know if this creepy lady was really a ghost.

3. One of my other best friends and I share the exact same birthday, so celebrating our birthdays is that much more fun

4. My first job was at a mom and pop cookie bakery called Terri's Chocolate Chippery and I ate at least four cookies a shift

5. I can play one song on the keyboard: Simon and Garfunkel's "Scarborough Fair"

6. I am currently taking a journalism course and we are reading Writer's Digest: Handbook of Magazine Article Writing, Second Edition by Michelle Ruberg. I recommend this one for anyone interested in the subject!

7. I come from a family of farmers


Song: My friend, Danielle, introduced me to Coconut Records' "The Summer" here.


Things that make me smile:
-family and friends
-park days
-sourdough toast with butter
-coffee shops
-dancing

Seven Bloggers I love:
1. Marisa's A Work of Love
3. Mary Jo's Trust Your Style
5. For a Kardashian fix: Monica Rose
6. Shannon's Happiness Is...


Image here.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I'm touched though I doubt I have 7 things to share that nobody knows about--that's what happens when you blog for awhile :) I loved getting to know a little more about you! My grandfather was also a farmer. Hope you're having a wonderful Monday!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list. I'm fascinated by the supernatural...never really seen a ghost though. And I may have to pick your brain about journalism someday -- I've been considering it as a possible career.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very flattered by this... thanks and hope you keep on enjoying my blog... I am also terrified of ghosts, even more than I am of people because you can't run away from them... ha! Wish you a great rest of the week and a great V-Day... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thank you Dyan!! :) I loved learning more about you. San Fran is such a cool city, right? I have 2 besties who live there and try to visit as often as possible. Would you ever live there again? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww thank you so much! I'm so flattered! I'll post the award on my blog today...
    I wish I could play Scarborough Fair. Love Simon and Garfunkel.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I can't wait for your visit : )

    ReplyDelete