Saturday, May 22, 2010

9 by Design

It's official, the Novogratz family is the coolest on the block. I love the artistic pizzazz they bring to all their homes.




In one of the episodes, Cortney put her Ann Carrington Queen art piece in the bathroom...Adding a giant piece of bold art in bathroom to the list of things I need one day.




It's cool to see antique treasures take shape in their modern spaces. I don't really have an eye when it comes to antiquing or thrifting, but when I lived in San Francisco, I really learned the meaning of the saying: one man's trash is another's treasure. There is so much you can find by just walking outside and scooping up what people set outside their homes with a "free stuff" sign. At one point my roommates and I collected a lot of sidewalk finds like chairs, art, and other odds and ends.

6 comments:

  1. wow really cool. Is that a chair in the first photo? looks super heavy LOL i wonder how they got that in there.

    www.the-blisslist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love to thrift shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love when ppl post about their cheap&cool finds from thrift shops, craigslist, the sidewalk, etc. wish i could have seen your miracle sf chair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what they do and can't seem to get enough of them lately! I agree, thrifting {or just finding free stuff} is one of the most amazing and fun things to do! Hope you're off to a great week Dyan!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this sounds weird, but am I the only one who has a lil crush on Wolfie??

    http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I want to do that too! hang a bold picture or something in the (guest) bathroom.

    ReplyDelete