Wednesday, January 12, 2011

eShakti

Today I'm doing a product review for eShakti. This post is a first of its kind for me, so I'm a bit nervous, but here goes nothing...

I first heard about eShakti through Brandi's Not Your Average Ordinary and Tiffany's Dancing Branflakes and was immediately drawn to their array of styles from capes to pants to pencil skirts - they have it all. When given the opportunity to do a product review of my own, I was pretty over the moon.


About the dress: I went with this black, full length, flowing dress because it reminds me of something Stevie Nicks or MK Olsen might wear. At least for me, it's not everyday that I wear a dress at this level of dramatic flare, so I was really excited to step out of my comfort zone and try something bold. Factors I love about this dress include the plunging v-neck with sequin trim, its lightweight and moveable material, and it's a wrap dress with a sash (this embellishes the flowing factor). I think I know what my uniform will be for the remaining winter months.

Styling: Does anyone have any suggestions on what shoes one would wear with this?


About eShakti: There are several elements that make eShakti a unique and special online boutique. First and foremost, their styles are amazing and their prices are affordable. Secondly, they offer an extensive lot of sizing (0-26W) along with a customization option (only $7.50 extra!). It's the customization that really got me. They take every body measurement imaginable allowing the dress to really fit your form. As a petite person, a full length dress wouldn't normally be an option for me as dresses tend to be too long and getting it tailored is an added expense. However, this one fits me in every way and is my first custom made piece.



"We create clothes to match. In every design: your style, your size, your shape. Your choice." -eShakti


16 comments:

  1. sweetie!! you are SOO beautiful!! you hardly ever post pics of yourself, why not?!?! i can see those with a colorful strappy sandal on a spring day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress looks beautiful on you -- and you're just adorable! I feel like these are some of the first real photos I've seen of you. I agree with Sandy -- a great sandal would be perfect. Or a cute flat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous in this dress!! I looked on their site and they have a really pretty hummingbird skirt, and I love the option of tailoring, such a dilemma for us petites!

    I remember nights of playing dress up with your collection, remember my favorite olive green pants with those high black heels?

    I love the direction Whimsy Being is taking, more real life fashion lovelies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading a lot about eShakti on the blogosphere lately. And that dress is a good example of why I suppose - its GORGEOUS and looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love! love! love!
    oh you are the prettiest!!! i'd balance it either with a bad ass, rocker boot. something totally unexpected, or go with a high, high hued heel.
    xo,
    katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the dress looks great on you! It's subtle with bling :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dyan, this dress looks amazing on you!! I love seeing you in something glam for every day and hope you wear it a lot just because :) I would suggest a long necklace, like one of those with a little clock on it, that dangles a few inches below the lowest part of the V of the neckline. You look so Olsen-ish but better--love!!!
    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look really graceful in the first pic :) and I really like the embellishments along the neckline. If this indeed becomes your winter staple, maybe you can post pics of the various outfits you put together with it? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to see that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. a good sandal, maybe a simple gladiator might work well? i have weird body sizes, so customizable is always an interest for me. i get nervous though when it comes to online customizing. it's great it fits you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing wrap dress! It looks gorgeous on you! xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dy, I love the dress, great pick! I would defs pair it with a simple sandal for everyday wear (i'm thinking skin tonned leather uber flat sandal) and maybe a cork platform for evening wear :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could be more like you. i love your style! I just started 30for30, you should check it out, kelseyannesmith.blogspot.com xxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great dress...and you look so pretty! So happy I found your site, see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete