Sunday, January 30, 2011

Getty Moments

My mom, grandma, and I spent some time at the Getty Center this weekend logging some major art and garden admiration time, taking in the views, and soaking in the sun. You know how it goes.




I've been to the Getty a couple times before, but must have glossed over the garden before as, this time around, it was the garden that really left me in that total state of awe.


Succulents lining every major walkway.


After soaking in the bigger picture of the garden, I tried to pay closer attention to what was happening in the little microcosms of the garden and found lots of little flora, dainty plant life.





Next we want to try the Huntington Library in Pasadena. Anyone have any other garden recommendations in the area?

11 comments:

  1. Descanso is dreamy. We were supposed to go today to see the camelias, but it rained. Glad you and your fam had a fun time, so cute those ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh thanks for the suggestion, marisa!! looking it up now. i loveee camelias!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful! This is exactly what I needed (we have 18 inches of snow forecasted here). Can't wait until there are flowers again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore the Getty Museum. I haven't been to many places in LA, but I've been there twice. The Huntington Library is definitely on my list as well -- maybe I'll do that in a few weekends, though I wonder if there will be many blooms yet. It's already looking like spring down here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...those are such a pretty photos! They totally made my day:)So glad you had fun darling
    Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, love your shots Dy! You should check out the older Getty Museum that's in Malibu.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely day trip! I'll have to add this to my list when I plan a visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful those succulents are! I also love the Huntington. I highly recommend you check out the Arboretum in Arcadia. Read more here: http://www.arboretum.org/

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you all for the suggestions! I have so many garden excursions to plan now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fun trip! we went there once a year ago. i wasn't impressed with the art collection, but those grounds are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I lived in L.A. this was one of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete