Sunday, February 27, 2011

San Diego + Camel Coat

Just got back from a weekend trip to San Diego and feeling rejuvenated and enriched after spending quality time with a best friend. Now that my life consists of most of my friends living in other cities, taking these short weekend trips to spend quality time with them in their cities is what it's all about.


We spent a rainy day in Balboa Park walking around the Japanese Tea Garden and the botanical garden (will further report on the botanical garden later) before heading to Coronado Island.


With the arctic blast that moved in this week, I decided to wear my great grandma's coat that I inherited. For obvious reasons, this coat is really special to me and it reminds me of the fact that clothing really is "timeless". I'm wearing something from someone who was born in the 1800s. It's really amazing that one piece of clothing can carry on through many generations. I wonder what experiences she had in this coat.



Another highlight: I had tea and scones and good conversation with Brandi of Not Your Average Ordinary. Thanks for the extra scones, Brandi!

13 comments:

  1. I live in SD and love it! And I love that coat...I have some things from my mom and grandma and love the history it has...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a beautiful photo of you in your special coat, and you are the same size, we inherit more than we know.

    We cleaned the garage today and I found a dresser of my nana's shoes, she had tiny feet, smaller than mine, probably the same size as yours, so I have a bag of vintage shoes with your name written all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so fantastic to get to meet you in person today, Dyan! And that coat looks so cute on you -- but you're super stylish and have great taste so of course it would. Can't wait to meet up again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kai - things that have been passed down through generations are that much more amazing, right?

    Marisa - your nana's vintage shoes?! sooo special. thanks for thinking of me :)

    Brandi - it was so fun getting to chat in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww you met up with brandi!? that's soo awesome!! i wish i could meet both of you ladies!! that coat looks soo fab on you sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..you look so adorable and it sounds like you had a great time,sweetie
    Happy Monday
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your coat Dyan! Your weekend away sounds so fun!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that's such a romantic thought to think about what she did in that coat! i wonder if you do many of the same things she did without even knowing it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool! I also met Brandi while at alt, she's a real sweetheart! Hope you're great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loves these photos. You say botanical gardens, I say YES!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow that garden is super rad. and the coat. together. magic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful garden and beautiful camel coat, really!
    xx

    GIVEAWAY (as seen on Vogue.it) at Illustrated-Moodboard

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ps: I’m hosting an EmersonMade GIVEAWAY! Super cute shirt just in time for spring:)
    Kisses , darling

    ReplyDelete