Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fall 2011 Fashion Inspiration

There was a lot of the coverage of new york fashion week in blogland, but it was pretty overwhelming, so I didn't pay too much attention until today when I did a quick peek on style.com to see what's in store for next fall. I don't want to jump the gun by talking about fall, but here's what piqued my fashion interest:

Prada's overall decadence, full textures, rich pea greens and burnt oranges, and the lowered waist line ( I still love high waisted everything, but I'm intrigued by how the dropped waist line will be reinvented).


Chris Benz' use of this asymmetrical, witchy hat in his collection is pure perfection. I've been wondering what the new 'it' hat will be and I'm hoping this is the one.


images from style.com


What fall fashion collections caught your eye?

10 comments:

  1. wow, those are both such fascinating designs! i actually had no idea it was fashion week. oops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with that coat on the bottom left. Gorgeous and so wearable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I haven't had the time to check out much of the fall fashion -- I've been lost in school land. But these looks by Chris Benz I really like. You've got great style intuitions, Dyan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the idea of wearing furry to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these, also Lanvin had some amazing hats too kind of a mix between witch and western. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so behind on fashion and design right now. i'm lovin' that bottom right outfit, though.

    :)

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the bottom left look the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i only watched a few collections but i loved philip lim's and prada.

    http://anmarkdesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours that have been coming out the greens especially. Other than than that I am unfortunately not a big fashion buff!

    ReplyDelete