Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Keepsake Coat

I've been digging around my closet a lot lately probably because it's nearing that time for spring cleaning and I'm mentally logging things to keep and things to go. One of the things I remembered I had was this coat that was my great grandma's (another inherited piece that I know I will treasure forever). I can't believe I forgot to wear it all winter. Next time the temperature dips below 70 degrees, this is what I'll be wearing. I realize I talk a lot about things I find at my grandma's and inherit, but now that I don't live about 5 hours away and only come home on holidays, I'm able to spend as much time at my grandma's as I want. I really value the time I spend talking to her and finding out more and more about family history and turning into a pack rat by keeping every momento I can. I would like to talk about the quality of this coat, but I don't know enough about the craftsmanship behind it. All I know is it feels really luxurious and unlike any coat I've owned before.



9 comments:

  1. That is so sweet and that coat looks beautiful on you, darling. Kisses

    Ps: I’m hosting a charming jewelry GIVEAWAY today! Hope you’ll join in:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to have items of not only sentimental value but real utility and quality. This coat is one of those things.

    You're lucky that your grandmother is able to share her things and pass them on to you. That is a treasure all on its own.

    Thanks for sharing this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I die for these pics. Let's talk header tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely gorgeous the coat and the sentiment behind it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a beautiful coat Dyan! I love the back vent! Have a great weekend!

    p.s. Can't wait to see you next week!

    xoxo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really loving that coat! I have a lot of my grandma's things too and cherish every one of the pieces. They dont make them like they used to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful piece!!! definitely is a keeper!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's definitely a keeper of a coat! beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete