Thursday, April 21, 2011

Garden Being




Part of the process of learning how to garden and grow things is all about trial and error. Sometimes plants die on you. I try to do my research on soil conditions and strategically placing them in the most optimal spot of the yard, but some things are unforeseen like one plant thrives and grows so big it takes the sun from smaller struggling plant. Then the transplanting process is another hurdle. I've killed a few, but some are in revival mode like this purple shamrock or hydrangea that is now the size of a straw (major progress).

4 comments:

  1. A garden is always a challenge and always a discovery. It's a good reminder that things don't always go as planned, but they still turn out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a garden, that looks so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite things to grow are herbs and vegetables. Unfortunately sometimes bugs get the best of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love purple shamrock! It looks so pretty! The only thing I've ever been able to transplant is mint, which seems to grow anywhere, but I'm sure you'll have better luck than me! Wishing you a wonderful Easter weekend Dyan!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete