Monday, May 30, 2011

Weekend

anaheim family reunion

friends of the library


Weekend highlights: annual family reunion in anaheim (an event I've missed out on for the past few years because I wasn't living in the area) and a visit to my city's library. Cam town got a brand new library at some point within the last few years and I went to check it out for the first time since being home and have to say I am impressed. I didn't have anything specifically I was looking for, so was kinda overwhelmed in the main library, so I just spent some time admiring the mosaic tile work that was done by an artist in LA (I can't remember who exactly, but I remember reading it in an article awhile ago). The adjacent Friends of the Library store had some good stuff and I came away with a couple gardening books for $2.50.

6 comments:

  1. I love family reunions! I miss my fam :( Perfect time to spend your weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my family did reunions, but they're just not like that. Occasionally it happens naturally, but that's quite rare. Glad you enjoyed yourself and had a nice time at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool that you got those gardening books for a song! I love local libraries and wish they would hurry up with the renovation that started here about a year and a half ago--normally the library is just a few blocks from my house and I miss it! Hope you had fun at your family reunion! Wish it were still a holiday :)

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which library is this? I used to work at the Central Library in downtown L.A. - it is an incredible building!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a family reunion?? that sounds soo awesome!! i miss my fam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fashion intel, this library is north of LA in ventura county :)

    ReplyDelete