Sunday, July 24, 2011

Vibrams!

vibrams!


I took the plunge and invested in shoes that I never thought I would ever own: vibrams. After hearing a lecture at work about the benefits of barefoot running, I was intrigued at the thought of a shoe that was more of a protective covering that works with your natural walking pattern than ones that go against it (which is probably like half of the shoes I own). So this is my new daytime footwear. So far it's been a fun experience where walking on unleveled surfaces like cobble stones or similar surfaces is more intense and going into public restrooms feels weird because you think you're barefoot, but not.

6 comments:

  1. whoa, cool! i was thinking of getting some for my bf b/c his feet hurt when he goes running...are yours just for walking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've always been intrigued by those. all my friends from colorado have a pair and wear them often. i love the concept of being as close to barefoot as possible, but i hate having things between my toes. hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a whole long discussion about these shoes and barefooted running before. Not my thing, but I'd really love to know what you think. Have you tried running in them yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. uuuh. no, i can't support those things. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. there are a lot of trainers who swear by them....curious to hear your thougths...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think these shoes look pretty rad. Please update us on the running when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete