Thursday, September 8, 2011

An Afternoon in Big Sur









Before going to San Francisco this past weekend, I was able to spend an afternoon in big sur. I'm lucky enough to have a friend who knows the ins and outs of the area having grown up nearby. We had limited time that day, but made it happen. We got into town and she took me straight to the fog, pulled off at any lookout point necessary for taking it in, and then showed me a place where you can sit in a chair in a river with feet in the water for as long as you need to.

13 comments:

  1. I can't think of a better way to ease back into the city than a mini trip to Big Sur on the way. We'll be in your neck of the woods in a few weeks, but phone or ichat date before then, I need an update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really was the best way to ease in! calling you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the 3rd shot of the fog rolling away (or in?). and the chairs in the river are so cool!

    hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. images like this make me miss living in California so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful trip. This is one of my favorite places in all in California!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are breathtaking - wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i love big sur! it's such a magical place. your photos are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to be able to sit with my feet in the water for an afternoon. It seriously looks like magic. I'm a bit upset that I never made it to Big Sur when I was in Cali. I guess that just means I have to come back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwh big sur, always so breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you got to do this--the view there is so beautiful! And I have been to that same river with the chairs, isn't it wonderful?

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. so happy to share my peaceful spot with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you just can't take a bad photo of big sur because it is so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete