Sunday, November 13, 2011

Old Creek Ranch Winery

A rainy Friday spent with Marisa and Jorge in Ojai. The main attraction of the day was wine tasting at Old Creek Ranch Winery which they've told me was something to experience (minus the story of a harrowing bike ride to get there), so naturally I'm game. I've been wine tasting a total of three times before all of which took place in warmer months. This was a whole different feel! It felt like winter. There was a cozy fire in the tasting room, and we were wearing jackets and sweaters and layers. The ambiance was pure cozy.

IMG_2620

IMG_2623

We ate snacks right outside under a tree protecting us from the rain. It was chilly, but after seven pours(!), I still felt toasty. And then, the cats! Cute and bold and over the top.




IMG_2637

IMG_2655

IMG_2645


The road leading into the ranch.

IMG_2664
The Ojai mountains really are something.

IMG_2665


PS: Marisa and Jorge also had a hand in capturing this day, so photo credits go to them too. :)


9 comments:

  1. How much fun is this? Love Ojai and I can feel the weather through these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've always wanted to go to one of these when i lived in LA... next time for sure!

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow gorgeous day! I love the color of the trees, it looks like you had a great time!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dyan! These photos really capture the feeling of that day. The rain, the 100 degree fire, the 7 pours, and like always, the fun of being with you in our special little place. On our way home I was feeling so grateful that we can just call you up and meet so easily, feels like the old days, but now we're all grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my idea of heaven! Thank you so much for sharing this! I live in a boring little town in Great Britain & want nothing more than to go to america & do this surrounded by mountains!

    Satin&Souffles xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the setting! looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure why but I've never gone wine tasting before! The air looks so crisp in your photos, I wish it would cool down a bit more here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spend so much time in Ojai but have never been to the Old Creek Winery! Where is it? Looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cobalt Violet, it's right off the main highway (33) and you take a small road into the ranch. It's really easy to get to! You should totally go next time you're there :)

    ReplyDelete