Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Building Party

It's been back to back Sundays of arts and crafts. Marisa and Jorge hosted a backyard, Earth day, building day where us guests got to make our woodworking dreams come true. They have all the amenities (power tools galore) and Jorge knows what he's doing so it made the whole process go by so fast. Some progress shots:

Untitled

The structural pieces are up!
framework

Here it is!

Untitled

Break time: reading Marisa's collection of vintage Sunset, admiring all the succulents, and hearing about what garden project she will be working on next.

Untitled

Seeing what Buns is up to.

buns


























I take a building break and before you know it, Jorge and Gabby are laying on the final pieces of their stool design.

Untitled


Untitled

Grand finale shot.

bench + stool

After a day of sun and building, Marisa made us pizza.

Untitled


4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea for a party! Maybe I need to promise people homemade pizzas and get them to come over and help me paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I wish I had shed of power tools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in awe, I wish I knew how to make stuff!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for capturing the day, it was so so so fun and relaxing and delicious! More craft, building, art Sundays in our future!

    ReplyDelete