Saturday, April 28, 2012

Spring at the Huntington Library

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

One of the highlights of April was going to the Huntington Library with my mom and grandma. They've been raving about this place for some time, so we made it a goal to all go together. It's the perfect place for us to day trip to. This particular day though was unbearably hot, so we couldn't cover that many gardens. I didn't even have the energy to read about what plants I was looking at or the history or anything. My mom held up well in the heat, but my grandma and I were mostly concerned with getting to the next shady spot. Overheated or not, it was nice to celebrate the season by going to such epic garden exhibits. My favorite parts were the furry beauties of the desert garden and the Japanese garden because it's calm and manicured.

3 comments:

  1. totally agree about the calmness at Japanese gardens. brings me back to when i visited the sprawling Shinjuku Gyoen in tokyo (just Google Images it, sooo beautiful!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Huntington Library is so beautiful. Have you had tea there before? It's not the most amazing thing but a fun experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place to go with your mom and grandmother! I drove there once, to pick up a friend, but I never had the chance to walk around the grounds. Maybe my next trip to LA?

    ReplyDelete