Monday, April 16, 2012

Sunday in Ojai

Ojai keeps getting better and better. This time it was a day for art. Marisa informed me of a class at the Beatrice Wood Center for the Arts where we would spend the afternoon making prints. Art, friendship, food, Ojai? Sign me up. To start with, how about a burst of bougainvillea, a shot of pink...

Untitled

Breakfast bagel sandwiches, nourishment for the day ahead.

Untitled

Arriving at the art center meant being greeted by views of the snowy mountain peaks of the Topa Topas.

Untitled

Watching the snow melt, gathering inspiration for our work from the tress, mountains, sky, valley - all of it!

Untitled

Our medium: hand pressed prints with oils and crayons.

Untitled

My workspace. I've never done anything like this before, so for me it was a lot of trial and error and experimenting and just playing with colors. Our instructor, Christine, taught us techniques with texture and "splooshing" (is that how you spell it?).

Untitled

Marisa in her zone.

Untitled

Happy plant, happy valley.

Untitled

I felt the beauty of this day.

5 comments:

  1. lovely shots - did you take any pics of the finished prints? would love to see!

    yay for art, friendship, food, and beautiful locales :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, shannon! i did take pics, but i got too shy to post them hehe. i will email a pic over tonight!

      Delete
  2. Somehow your blog got out of my reader! WTH!?!?!? I was wondering why I hadn't seen anything ... now I need to catch up. Beautiful photos as always, you know I love me some Ojai. Where is that breakfast bagel sandwich from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh darn reader malfunction! i'm glad you got it sorted it out :) marisa took me to knead baking company, such hearty and delicious bagels.

      Delete
  3. This looks so relaxing and fun, not to mention soothing for the soul. I am going to have to get out to Ojai again one of these days soon!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete