Monday, September 3, 2012

Staying Local


Untitled

My oldest bestie moved back into town a few weeks ago and, while I know this will be a very brief chapter in the grand scheme of things, I'm going to take full advantage because we both haven't lived in our hometown at the same time since high school and it will likely never happen again. Until now, most of my socializing consists of me driving an hour in either direction. Don't get me wrong, I'm always up for adventures out of town because it feels like there's always more to do elsewhere anyways, but it's been nice having someone to hang with locally. Just the other night we talked for hours at the Marie Calendar's bar lounge and even that was fun. Then on the holiday weekend we opted for local adventures so as not to get stuck in holiday traffic. So, Ventura was our best bet with beaches and the pier and Main St. .

Untitled

Good drinks.

Untitled

And, good ambiance.

Untitled

4 comments:

  1. you two back at home makes me smile. We might need to take a trip up there so we can have another reunion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh!?
    marie callendars!?
    get me a pot pie. STAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i need to reconnect with some of my old friends... i need a partner in crime for adventures!

    ReplyDelete