Sunday, August 24, 2014

Out & About in the Bay Area

One of the reasons that makes San Francisco, Part II so different than the Part I of my early twenties is that I am afforded the luxury of having my car in the city (thanks, Dom!), off the street and in a garage! I'm sure anyone who has lived or lives in a city as dense as "the city" will understand how awesome this lifestyle of having a car here is. It means I can go to Target whenever, drive to work if I want to splurge on all-day parking (I just did that on Friday for my first time - it was worth the splurge!), meet friends in the East Bay, go to Palo Alto when I crave suburbia, and take day trips to explore the surrounding area. When I lived here before, I could only go as far as BART and Muni allow unless friends rented cars, but now I can make it a point to explore a bit more.

Here are scenes from recent outings:

Pacifica is pretty and so close!

photo 1-1

photo 2-2

As is Point Reyes.

photo 3-2

photo 4-2

And, Tilden in Berkeley.

photo 5

Can't wait for more end-of-summer adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment