Monday, June 1, 2015

This is Breakfast at 30


Being 30 means I have to be a more mindful of what I eat. One day I had a metabolism, the next I didn't. 

Background story: during my late twenties, I worked as a Physical Therapy Aide (more on that later - still inspired by PT life!) where I walked, stood all day, and exercised with patients all day long. Working in a physically demanding job has its perks - I didn't have to watch what I ate as a long day can sometimes feel like a marathon in itself.

Now I'm 30 and, after a career change, work a normal 9-5 grind job. Desk life coupled with a metabolism fit for a 30 year old makes maintaining my health a bit more challenging. Health is now something that takes work. It's taken a few months to get the health ball rolling, but there's progress to be noted. One marker of progress is having breakfast handled. 

Dom's co-worker eats this yogurt granola combo and, after Dom's suggestion, I'm giving it a try myself. So far, it's working out great! It's easy to prep on Sunday nights and every morning I add in the fresh fruit and granola. 

1/4 cup Greek yogurt with honey 
1/4 cup coconut water
1 tsp of chia seeds
Granola
Fruit



No comments:

Post a Comment